Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Dermal Cucumber Collagen Essence Mask


I brought a bunch of Dermal masks at a Hmart last week. Hmart is a supermarket that specializes in providing Asian foods. Some stores even sell small appliances and beauty products. So before I left the market I noticed on display that there's a deal on all their Dermal masks.  It's originally $0.99 and it is now for $0.80. I'm not sure how much they are usually online but I thought it was a pretty good deal and got some.

Sorry. I don't know why I can rotate the photos.

As you can see I got: 
  • Charcoal
  • Red Ginseng
  • Bamboo
  • Q10
  • Pomegrante (2)
  • Apricot
  • Cucumber
  • Green Tea
  • Aloe
  • White 

I wasn't planning to keep them all.  I gave these three to my mom.


And these three to my sister.


I tried my first Dermal mask last Sunday. I chose to use cucumber first since my face felt kind of dry I wanted something moisturizing and smoothing.


Front image

Back image

Close up of directions and ingredents
(it's in english unlike most of the masks I've tried)

Inside of the packet



This mask has lots of essence. It has no plastic lining. They probably left that lining out to cut cost and also there wasn't really a need for it since this mask is much thicker compared to other higher quality masks.


I find that this mask is wide. It fit my face but there was a small part of my forehead that wasn't covered. I like how this mask has eye flaps though. You can smell the cucumber sent. It was pretty noticeable scent but wasn't overwhelming. I did enjoy the scent. After I took off the mask I did notice that the mask was very moisturizing and in some ways it had brighten my complexion a little bit. There was one thing I really did not like though...This mask left a very thick sticky residue. I thought it might just take some time to just absorb but it took forever. I actually feel asleep waiting for the stickiness to go away. When I washed my face in the morning I feel there was still a layer of something lingering on my face.

So how to I feel about this mask?  It's ok but most likely would not be repurchasing them.  I wonder if it's just this particular mask that leaves this film or if they are all like that.  My mother who tried two of the masks also said she did not like it.  She could tell that it's a cheaper quality mask and it had given her a little irritation which made her face slightly red. 

So how does everyone who feel about these Dermal sheet mask? 
Dried sheet mask.  As you can see it's a wide sheet mask and there's eye flaps




No comments:

Post a Comment