Thursday, May 1, 2014

New York Shopping Haul

My kids had April vacation last week and my hubby also wanted to go to the NYC car show...so we headed down for two days for a mini vacation. We didn't do much shopping but I did purchase a couple of items. 

First night we stop by the Mitsuwa Marketplace. We had dinner there since it was near our hotel. 

Mitsuwa Marketplace is a Japanese supermarket chain in America, with locations in California, New Jersey, and Illinois. The corporate headquarters are in Torrance, California in Greater Los Angeles (taken from Wikipedia). 

So after dinner ( food wasn't great ) we walked around the market and I purchased a few bags of chocolates to give as souvenirs. And two packages of Lululan face sheet masks. The chocolates were around $6 a bag. And the masks were around $7 a bag. Each bag contains 7 sheet masks. 




I never tried or heard of these masks before. But of course I never really kept up with products that people are using or buying that often. When I got home I realized that I over paid for these item. And also reviews aren't that great. So I guess I have to try them out myself to see if I really like them or not. These mask would be my first Japanese sheet masks. So I am kind of excited. 

The next day we had dinner in flushing Chinatown and afterwards we went to another market and I picked up two boxes of My Scheming sheet masks. I've tried this brand before and like them so I was excited to try these two new scents or types. Originally a box cost around $12 for 10 masks. It was on sale for $8. 


Time to try some new things now so see you all later. And I'll let you know how these masks are worth the purchase or not. 


No comments:

Post a Comment